Initial Training on Addiction & Recovery
This introductory workshop on addiction and recovery is designed to raise awareness and understanding of the dynamics and impact of addiction on people whom we serve. It will cover the neurological basis of addiction; mental, behavioral, emotional and spiritual dimensions; stages of change; recovery; motivational techniques and resources.
- Describe the neurological process of addiction.
- Explain how addiction manifests in various aspects of the whole person (mental, physical, emotional, spiritual)
- Identify the five stages of change.
- Match intervention strategies to stages.
- Access appropriate resources for addressing alochol and other drug concerns.
The training takes place from 8:30am-4pm with a 1 hour lunch on your own.
Pre-registration is required as seating is limited. To register or for more information please contact Shannon Quinn, Training Coordinator Phone: 603-271-5889. Email: AODTrainingCoordinator@dhhs.nh.gov.
Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor, Certified Prevention Specialist and Social Work CEU's are included at no cost.