Five Fast Facts about Marijuana Legalization
1. Marijuana use during youth, when young brains are developing, can have long-term negative health effects.
2. The earlier adolescents experiment with marijuana, the more at risk they are for increased substance use later in life.
3. Legalization opens the door to Big Marijuana entering our state and advertising harmful substances to young people.
4. Complex public safety concerns, including the safety of our roads and availability of highly potent edible products, surround marijuana legalization.
5. With other states legalizing and commercializing marijuana, NH is in a unique position to wait and see what successes and failures they have.