Become a substance free workplace
- Nearly 100,000 Granite State residents are dependent on or abuse drugs and alcohol every year.
- The burden includes significant losses of productivity that reduce economic growth, the use of costly medical resources, serious motor vehicle accidents, and criminal activity.
- Almost 75 percent of adults who misuse alcohol work.
- Among adults that meet the diagnostic criteria for drug dependence, 65 percent work (48% work full-time and 17% work part time).
- Employees with a substance misuse problem miss an average of .98 days per month, while employees who do not misuse substances missed an average of .63 days per month.
Substance misuse prevention and treatment will have significant long-term fiscal and economic benefits for the state. ---Brian Gottlob, PolEcon Research